It's a.....GIRL!

So, we've been a tad busy lately growing our home by two feet! harhar!

In mid-March we added another little bundle of love, or as someone called her our "Chunk of Love". She is the reason these posts have been so few and far between. She is the reason why we are sleep-deprived zombies. She is the is the reason why the Handyman gave up his office. She is another reason why our hearts are so full. Here's the nursery in all of its decorated, girly glory.





When I started looking at nursery themes, I really loved the idea of a vintage hot air balloon room. My life has been so enriched by the ability to travel, and I hope my girls will find a love for it one day.(It's still weird so weird to say "girls"-plural.) I found this awesome print at Art.com and snatched it up during a 50% or 60% off sale. Can't beat it!

A friend of mine gave me the white dresser, and we are re-using Cinderella's crib.

I didn't know which colors to draw from until I found this room on Project Nursery. I just loved the gray, gold and coral tones. I had originally picked Impressive Ivory for the wall color (as my inspiration room had done), but in person it was too dark which led me to pick SW Creme.

Once I found this quilt on Etsy, I just knew I was in love with the color scheme. It was a bit of a splurge, but definitely worth it.

One weekend, a friend came over and we spray-painted an old, cheap bookshelf gray. That was a $10 project.


I searched for weeks to find curtains that would match the quilt and couldn't find anything that I loved. A friend suggested looking on Fabric.com, and I found the exact fabric from the quilt! I used a 20% coupon to buy 15 yards of Brambleberry-coral loops fabric for the curtains and crib skirt. My mother-in-law, the real hero of the day, so graciously made the curtains for me. She even snapped a pic because she knows how much I love documenting these things.

My MIL is so talented! Fun fact: she also made Cinderella's nursery's curtains.

The cork map is actually a giant sticker. The Handyman gave it to me for Christmas two years ago, and I never got around to hanging it up. I made the mobile just as I did for her big sister's room.


The artwork above the crib is a combination of purchases from Etsy, an Instagram photo I took of a hot air balloon, a picture Cinderella drew, and a mirror from TJ Maxx. The 'M' initial and frames are from Michaels.


I picked up the rug on Overstock.com for cheap.
The crib sheet and geographic pillow are from Target.
The rocker/swivel chair is from Wayfair.

I'm so happy with the way this room turned out, and believe me, I have a lot of time to look at it during the middle of the night. The best part of this room, is that it's done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is a BIG ONE! Laundry Room and 1/2 Bath Reno

The Adventures of Grand Master Bath!