Feeling Blue

Goodbye June! Hello July! 

We've been spending a lot of time outside since the days are longer and evenings are so nice. The downside is that our ugly, dirty-white, exterior paint keeps staring me in the face. I want to punch it! We have a long way to go before we have the money saved to paint our house, but a girl can still dream, right?

We have gone back and forth about painting the house in a more historically-accurate color scheme, but they all seem too pastel, brown and dull.





I came across this collection of blue historic homes and am more inspired to select a fresh, modern color scheme. I think a deep navy/teal would look really good with white trim and maybe gray shutters? I'd even like to do a pop of yellow or lime on the front door. Too wild for our geriatric home? Here are a few of my favorites:








One thing is for sure, it is going to cost A LOT to paint our house so we don't want to choose wrong. Leave me a note if you want to weigh in on this decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is a BIG ONE! Laundry Room and 1/2 Bath Reno

The Adventures of Grand Master Bath!