A bowl full of cherries. Literally, one bowl.

We have two cherry trees in our backyard and one of them is big and beautiful and has to be at least 30 or 40 years old. In late March, it bloomed with the most fragrant smelling flowers. The whole backyard was intoxicating.


 
I had visions of our family picking cherries, just like we did at my grandparents' house when I was a child.

After waiting over two weeks for these babies to ripen, I finally picked the "good ones" on Tuesday and let the birds have the rest. They must be Rainer cherries or another yellow/pink variety because they never turned red. If you know or have any ideas, please leave me a comment.

 
 
We literally have one bowlful of cherries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is a BIG ONE! Laundry Room and 1/2 Bath Reno

The Adventures of Grand Master Bath!